Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Milestones

So, we've had a few milestones this week and I couldn't wait until after my appointment to blog about them.  I swear I felt kicks yesterday (5/16) afternoon.  No, it was NOT gas.  There have been times when I thought I felt movement but it could have been gas.  This was most definitely 3 kicks.  It was after a particularly stressful moment at work, and after I sat down & started to calm down I felt it.  It was very unmistakable.  And very cool.  I can't wait to feel it again.
As for the other milestone, after I got home tonight I decided to give the Doppler a whirl.  I have been unsuccessful with it thus far.  I've heard my heartbeat, and what I thought was movement...but tonight I heard the baby's heart beat!  I couldn't believe it.  I heard it for about 5-10 seconds at a time & couldn't exactly get a clear reading on the beats per minute.  Chadd's gone at camp until Friday so I hope I can find it again when he gets home.
On another note, my 16 week appointment is tomorrow & I hopefully get to hear the heartbeat again & get a clear reading on the bpms.  It would be awesome if we got a sonogram...because they could tell me the sex...and I'm too anxious to wait until June 29!  I'll just note now, that I think "it's" a boy.  I don't know why, I just have a feeling.  Not that I wouldn't absolutely love a girl.  We'll see.  In 6 weeks.
Let the countdown begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment