Friday, June 1, 2012

June happenings, 18 weeks

Well, only 3 more weeks & we will know what this peanut is.  Needless to say, I can't wait.  I am so anxious.  At least we can count down the weeks instead of the months, now.
Since I last posted, I've felt the baby moving a lot & have been having a lot of pain because of my sciatic nerve.  My mom informed me that I also gave her a lot of pain, so what goes around comes around ;)
My new craving is chocolate milk... I can't get enough of it.  Prairie Farms chocolate milk, to be exact.  It gives me a belly ache but I love having a glass in the mornings.  That's what Tums are for, right? And, I figure it's better than craving cherry coke.  I'm also still having a slight aversion to meat, especially chicken.  I have been able to stomach boneless buffalo wings from Buffalo Wild Wings & a piece of fried chicken, but that's about it. Chadd got to hear the baby's heart beat on the Doppler, which was cool.  He also almost got to feel it moving yesterday but as soon as he put his hand on my belly it stopped.
According to what I've been reading, the baby's sense of hearing really started picking up last week, so I can' wait to use the music device that Chadd got me.  I wonder if the music I put on for it now will help to establish it's tastes in music later in life.  We are definitely going to listen to some Jack Johnson this week!
I also wanted to mention that I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I do.  It's great to have friends and family that are willing to do so much for us & lend us there baby stuff.  My sister-in-law, Mallory, sent me home with a huge tub of maternity clothes a few months back...And I have been adding to her stock pile :) My best friend, Jenni, has given me so much advice.  I think I ask her questions about pregnancy on a daily basis.  It's nice to know people with experience :) She's also lent me various items including a high chair, bouncy seat/play station, carrier, tons of bottles, containers for baby food making, and she said she's going to lend me her pump.  She's an awesome friend, I know.  I owe her big time.  A friend from work, Heather, lent me her bumbo, tons of maternity pajamas, a Doppler (love this!), and lots of other things.  My uncle's friend gave us her bassinet (if only I could figure out how to put it together).  Seriously, I am so grateful for all these people in our lives.  We would not be able to have all these things if it weren't for them.
And, two of our big ticket items are being purchased for us.  Our travel system is picked out & will be bought as soon as we find out the gender (thanks, mom!).  It is so cool, I can't wait to get it.  Would it be weird if we practiced pushing it around the park? ;) Our crib will also be on it's way soon.  Guess we, I mean "I", should really start getting serious about switching the rooms around so we can set up the nursery.  Chadd cleaned out his "game room" that will become the nursery (what a great dad already, I know).  We took 10, yes 10, trash bags to good will out of that room.  Now I need to finish cleaning out the spare bedroom so we can do some moving around.
I'm also excited to say we tentatively scheduled newborn pictures for the first week the baby comes home.  Amy Joy Photography is going to do them.  She did my nephew's pictures and they were awesome.  She has a great package that includes newborn, 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year pictures, so we are taking her up on that.  I think she's also going to do a maternity photo shoot in August, even though I already feel huge (it kind of stinks to lose all this weight, only to feel fat again a few months later.  I haven't gained much back, only 1 lb, but I feel like I'm not even in my body).  I bought the cutest outfit for the pictures.  Think Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Seriously can't wait.
As for the rest of this month, we have our anniversary coming up on the 5th, Father's Day,  our sonogram, & Chadd's birthday.  What a great month!!

I almost forgot to add, can't wait for Mallory & Darci to come stay with me in July for a girls weekend!!!  Hopefully Jenni can make it, too, and we are going to get some baby shower stuff done!  It's tentatively set for September 8th.  Seems like a ways a way, but really only a few months.  Can't wait to see what these girls have in mind... I know Jenni has mentioned some great ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment