Friday, June 15, 2012

One Week of Waiting Left

One week from today we will know the sex of the baby! I feel like this is the biggest thing I've waited for thus far in my life.  This has surmounted even the wedding, I think (love you, Chadd ;).  I probably won't sleep all week.  I remember finding out we were pregnant in February, and then finding out that we wouldn't find out the sex of the baby until the end of June, and thinking "holy crap, that's months away".  Now we have just a week.
In other news, Chadd and I celebrated our second anniversary last week.  He totally surprised me by taking me to eat at the top of the Hilton.  I had told him I wanted to go to Steak & Shake.  So he took me to a steak house & ordered a shake (how clever, I know).  He had also already gone there during the day & told the hostess his plans (that I'd wanted to go to steak & shake, that's where he proposed, & that we are pregnant, etc.) & taken flowers & a card.  I was wondering why everyone acted so strange when we got there & kept looking at my belly.  It took a while for me to figure everything out.  Actually, I didn't.  Chadd had to explain to me.  It was a great night, though, with a wonderful husband & delicious food.  He also bought me a set of fiesta ware dishes & silverware for our new kitchen.  If we ever get our new kitchen.  We currently have our new dishwasher & microwave in the living room, cabinets are in, refrigerator on its way, but no contractor yet.  Hopefully we get that taken care of this week & we can start.  I can't wait to have everyone over once it's done...we are talking a total gut of our kitchen.  New everything.  
I am now 20 weeks & half way through the pregnancy!  Still craving cherry coke & chocolate milk, as well as green olives, watermelon, hot dogs, & DQ cheeseburgers.  The list goes on and on.  Also still having an aversion to certain meats.  My sciatic nerve isn't bothering me much anymore, which is great because it was pretty painful for a little while.  I now can't sleep on my back because it's hard to breath, and have found that sleeping on my right side is most comfortable (when I do sleep, that is..haven't really slept much since I've been pregnant.  Guess I should just get used to it).  I have been feeling a ton of movement, especially if certain music is playing.  We were at J.T. & Ashley's wedding (congrats, by the way!!!) & the dj played the cupid shuffle...the baby went nuts.  It also responds to certain foods when I'm eating them (no, it's not gas, I can now tell the difference).  I have graduated to mostly maternity clothes or shorts that have an elastic waist band.  It really sucked when I put on a pair of shorts that fit me 40 pounds ago & now I can wear them again.  Its for a different reason, I guess, so it's not as bad.  But still.  Bleh.  At least I have Jenni to walk with  sometimes now.  
Sunday is father's day, a first for our growing brood.  Can't wait to celebrate with my hubby, the dad to be. I know he will be a great dad.  He already is :) He is so worried about the baby & me all the time.  I also can't wait to celebrate with my dad.  I couldn't have gotten a better dad :) This week he came & got my car from work & changed the oil for me.  He also takes me to lunch on a regular basis, mows our lawn & has been great to talk to during out family's circumstances the past 18 months.  Not that I couldn't talk to him before, but I think we've gotten especially closer through the difficulties this year.  If I need anything he is there, no hesitations (remember when you moved that futon up stairs for us?  We need to move it back down now :).  I hope that I can be like this with my child.  He already is an awesome grandpa to our nephew, Reed, & I know he will be just as great with our baby.  A little side note, so far he does not want to know the sex of our baby.  He tried this with Reed, but found out by accident eventually.  And this was before he had a facebook.  I think inevitably he will find about ours as well, and I'd rather he found out from Chadd & me than by accident on facebook.  He is supposed to let me know what he wants to do this week.  For now, if you see him, please don't tell him what the sex is.  
Anywho, can't wait for my next blog because it will probably be about the sex of the baby.  Maybe.  Unless I get excited and blog again before that.  
7 DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment